Monday, November 3, 2008

Picking up and moving on....

There are moments in your life that make you and sets the course of who you're going to be
Sometimes they're little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they're big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.
There have been so many bumps in the road with my salon and recently it got worse but it was just the end of the storm. Now it's starting to get better and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Granted I have to move everything this week and I have been an emotional mess because I was just about to give up. I was told by the city, the location my salon was in would not work because of the zoning. Now what, I thought to myself. I was a total mess that day and the next day. Luckily, my grandma was determind to help me find another place and started looking. I drove around and every place I called was way out of my price range. The thing that hurt the worst was my dream was right there, right at my finger tips just waiting.... and now in a blink of an eye, or a brief telephone conversation it was over, done.. I felt like someone took my last breath and punched me in the stomach... My grandma on the other hand didn't feel that way, she frantically looked through the rental section of the paper and came across this place in my price range that said Salon for rent. For the price I thought for sure it was just a booth rental. But it wasn't. It was a salon. I thank God for this miracle because I was about to give up! Not something I am very proud to admitt, but it was just how I was feeling at the time. Luckily thats not how I feel anymore. I have high hopes and expectations for myself to pick up and move on and move in!!! In past few days I had my dreams vanish and reappear, friendships that have proven to be more valuable than gold, and a heart that was just stepped on again. But right now, right here at this very moment that I write this.... I believe that everything happens for a reason, people change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can learn to appriciate them when they're right, you believe lies so eventually you trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so even better things can fall together. Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. And thats what I am doing... right now, right here, working on making the middle the most!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey :) Wow..you've been through a lot..don't give up! You're a strong woman and I know you'll be successful..best wishes to you Lacey :)

Teresa Q in Spokane