Friday, November 14, 2008

Picking up....

Things are really starting to pick up around here a little more each day! I had this wonderful elder woman come in yesterday, unfortunately I was with a client at the time. I did however get to make her an appointment for today at 11am. She was here ready to go right when I opened my doors!! She was so nice and I was so happy to be able to have a new customer from just walking by and seeing my shop!! She lives right here where my Salon is down town and was telling me of all the people that live around here. She also told me she was the test run from her social group for my salon.... Aparently there have been a few eyeing the place kiddy corner from where I am at at the drugstore/icecream shop. They all have lunch there and coffee and she was the brave one to try me out first. :) She told me that she would be telling the rest of them what a good job I did, and send them my way. After she left I started to get a few phone calls and book some more appointments. I am so happy with the way things are going and am just super excited that I got the chance to meet this wonderful lady. She told me the history of the building I am in.. It actually is quite a large building... It first opened up as a hotel in the early 1900's and the spot that I have was the hotels hair salon when it first opened. It's changed quite a few times between hair salons and other things. Now the hotel is actually apartments for seniors and the old resteraunt is a bar, but they have their hair salon back and from what she said alot of people are excited about that!!!! It was a great opportunity and I am so grateful because I learned a little history and made someone smile. I accomplished my goal for the day! :) More clients on the way so I better get ready.. Until next time...

XOXO Lacey

0 comments: