Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Charlie Brown Where Are You?

So I have my tree up and decorated. I also put up what few Christmas decorations I have. I love the holidays but I only have a few decorations because I am 24, single and usually spend the holidays at my parents so decorating my apartment is just starting to pick up for myself. Every year besides the last few since I was well, 2 years old my moms family has gathered at my grandparents house. (they sold their house a few years ago.) My grandmother that I love to death has always had well what else do you call it... a Charlie Brown Christmas tree bless her heart. My tree is not much better so I have now named my tree Charlie Brown. Don't get me wrong I would love nothing more than to have a full, REAL tree but lets face it we all know I won't be trucking my little butt up to the mountains to attempt to cut down a tree let alone keep in alive and not a fire hazard for this long. So I make do with what I know won't burn down my apartment and also won't be housing living creatures I know would chase me out of my own house!!! I love this time of year and I try so hard to keep up with the traditions my mom has kept for so long. She was and still is always so good with so many traditions. I put up the tree listening to Thistlehair the Christmas Bear song, bought and ate the advant calander no I have not munched down everyday just the 2 so far that have passed. Hung stockings, mine are hanging from the big screen no fire place here, and put up what decorations I have. I also wrapped presents and displayed my Black Friday Trophy. (Mickey Mouse Snow Globe) I am officially ready to rock the holidays!!!! I can't wait to make sugar cookies and decorate them. I still have more shopping to do. And I have yet to put up the lights on the outside of the place but I'm getting there. Hope everyone is feeling the warmth of the holiday season with the cold weather we are having!!!! Now if only I could find Lionels blanket for the tree skirt!!!(My Charlie Brown)
(Stockings Hung With Care)
(Presents wrapped beneath the tree)
(My Trophy!!!)

3 comments:

Kristen Ising Photography said...

Lacey, your tree is so cute!!!!! Where the heck did you get that fat tv???? It rocks!! Your apartment is adorableness! Merry Christmas! Let me know what you want most for christmas in the budget! I cant wait to go shopping for you!!!! LOVE YOU, KRISTEN p.s. who lives in Riverton, UT that visits your blog? Did you meet some hottie when you were down here?

Kristen Ising Photography said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR MUSIC. NEON NIGHT IS AWESOME!!

Becky ♥ said...

Cute tree Lacey!